CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 24, 2008

Sharon's First visit to Rainforest Musical Fest.

Talking about this event! My very first time visit was the 10th year anniversary of RWMF which was held last year. Being a Sarawakian and also an Kuchingians I have heard about this event since 1998 when I was first back here in Kuching from Brunei. At that time, I was only 15 and I was so interested in this event because it sounds so "big" for everyone. Remembering around the month of June at that time I heard lots of my school mates and friends studying in college talking about it. So, at that time I was so curious about this whole event is about what but then I did not get to go because my parent's do not allow as they thought this event is for young teenagers to hang out with alcohols and dance under the moon light so I was forbidded to attend the event.



Anyway, talk back about last year what makes me decide to go was because one of my girlfriend who is going to get married soon and she thought it would be a great opportunity for us to unite as single for one day which she decided to go to RWMF. Well, we actually had not much fun because we are unable to stay for the 3days event but just 1 day and we have to get home when the night falls as we do not have accomodation there. It was a tiring day but honestly saying the music was great. This is just a post to talk about my RWMF fist time visit. I guess if we could have stay for 3 nights maybe we have a different perceptions. However, at least we were able to see the Rainforest founder which is Randy Raine-Reusch (you can see his picture on our previous post).



Maybe you people can share with us your very first time visit to this Tears of Forest and the very next post will be talkin about some of their musician and musics they played if we are able to find the information.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A question, Wat is so special about this festival according to you?
And I heard its really wild there, is it true?

Anonymous said...

Well,the festival is about the indigeneous groups of musician from all around continents that perform on a single stage which will be held in Sarawak. It is not to said that wild but just young teenagers or some adults misuse this event as a 3days of alcohol nights.

Fabiola & Woon Yien said...

sharon.. *muaxx* here i come.. haha.. u r a brunei ppl? oH.. new discover.. Hmm.. I never went to Rainforest actually.. haha.. BUT i m sure a lot of ppl is having fun there.. I believe it is a fun place to widen your knowledge about our culture.. and like what u say.. ppl misuse it lo.. but still.. fun rite?? ^^

-yiennnnnn-

Tears Of Forest said...

Haha! Welcome girl! Haha! I m not Bruneian actually. I m still a Kuchingian but just born in Brunei at grew up thr.
Ya alot of ppl is having thr. Though those ppl misuse it, we the one who did not misuse it but to enjoy the environment then it will jz be nice actually. try to grab a chance to go. It will really surprise u if u r a music lover. Those performers are really talented. hehehe!